Kalkwasser – 1 Litre
Dosing with Kalkwasser (lime water or calcium hydroxide) is a proven and effective method to supplement calcium while maintaining pH with a single product at an affordable price. Kalkwasser is a clean product that adds virtually nothing harmful to the water other than calcium and hydroxide ions. Kalkwasser minimises pH fluctuations when added slowly and causes phosphate to precipitate out of solution as calcium phosphate making it biologically unavailable for algae. Commonly used in conjunction with auto top off systems or a Kalkwasser reactor to perform daily dosing.
- Before dosing Kalkwasser, it is necessary to test and raise calcium and alkalinity levels to their correct levels. Kalkwasser should not be used for this because it will significantly raise pH in large doses.
- Add dry powder to distilled or RO/DI water and stir and Wait for the cloudy mixture to settle
- Use the clear liquid to dose into your aquarium
- The maximum amount of Kalkwasser that can dissolve in fresh water is 2 teaspoons per gallon (3.8 litres) of water.
- Use one of the online Reef Calculators to determine proper Sodium Bicarbonate/Carbonate and Calcium Chloride amounts to adjust alkalinity and calcium level before using Kalkwasser.
Always test calcium and alkalinity levels prior to use. Calcium concentrations should be between 380-450 ppm. Alkalinity should be between 7-12 dKH. Do not add Kakwasser directly to the aquarium water.
Do not breathe dust. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. In case of contact with skin, flush area with water for 5-10 minutes. In case of eyes contact, immediately wash eyes with water for 5-10 minutes and get medical attention. Wash hands after handling.